Friday, August 05, 2005

Tropical Reefs

No, this isn't Washington, DC.

We're back at the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago!




A transom, and detail below, above the revolving door at the entrance. The image in my blog backdrop also came from a door here. The area is sheltered by a set of glass doors now, but seeing that the metal turned green makes me wonder if it used to be exposed to the elements.



See, on the other side, the metal is still shiny.

Anyway, this is the main lobby. More architecture inspired by the French and Washington, DC.




Now to the tropical reefs...










Clown Fish











This particular tank, I had a hell of a time trying to get the fish in focus. But sometimes the blurs came out looking interesting, anyway.










Exit.

This weekend I'll post pictures of penguins. Maybe photos of the Palmer House lobby and Buckingham fountain, etc. if I have time, or else that can wait for next weekend.

Baseball returns on Monday.

4 Comments:

At 8/06/2005 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you found Nemo!

(This comment courtesy of the Obvious Joke Society.)

 
At 2/25/2006 4:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The much anticipated arrival of Keyword Elite is almost here get all the inside gossip from my site Keyword EliteCheck out the video demo on the site

 
At 3/08/2006 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey great site. I love the ocean. Check out my blogs at Toddler Activities, and Toddler Games, Panic Attacks, Panic Disorder. Weight Loss, and Quick Weight Loss I hope you like them! Your blogs just gave me an inspiration.

 
At 5/24/2006 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi.
This is a great site. I really liked it. If you need debt relief go visit my site!
Here you can get advice about debt relief.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home