Monday, April 04, 2005

Yahoo!

Opening Day, and thine cup runneth over with expressions of joy and optimism along with season preview analyses of the Twins roster all around the blogosphere. Third Base Line is running a particularly interesting series of breakdowns on what to expect of the Pride of the Twin Cities. If I had less shame, I'd rip off her commentary because I don't feel like I have a lot to add. Santana, Radke, Mauer, Morneau, Cuddyer, bullpen. Whether the team wins the AL pennant or World Series this year depends mostly on how that group steps up, I think. Ah, that worked up an appetite. Where's breakfast?

Although most of you may care about my Yahoo fantasy team about as much as I care about Aaron's trips to Canterbury, working the trade lines and waiver wires and tweaking my roster is the thing that's occupied my morning rather than in-depth Twins analysis or any other productive work, so what the hell: I'm going to show it off.

Here it is, from the Cup of Coffee League (18 teams, AL/NL mixed, mostly Mariners fans involved, 2 lbs. Starbucks coffee or tea to winner)...

Band of Ojibwe:


C, Joe Mauer
1B, Justin Morneau
2B, Michael Cuddyer (where he belongs!)
3B, Sean Burroughs
SS, Khalil Greene
IF, Lyle Overbay
CF, Jim Edmonds
OF, Craig Wilson
OF, Paul LoDuca
OF, Jeremy Reed
UT, Jeff Bagwell

Bench: Vernon Wells, Dallas McPherson, Jason Giambi, Jason Bartlett

SP, Johan Santana
SP, Tim Hudson
SP, Derek Lowe
SP, Jerome Williams
RP, Juan Rincon
RP, Ricardo Rincon
RP, Brian Anderson
P, Gavin Floyd
P, Victor Zambrano

Bench: Joe Mays

(Scoring: Head-to-Head; R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS, W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP)

Note the plethora of Twins, and the lack of a closer (since my man Jorge Julio went and lost his job to B.J. Ryan when I wasn't looking the other day). I'll probably give up the point on stolen bases most weeks, too. But if the Twins have a good year, Band of Ojibwe should have a good year. I hope to be toasting a Twins championship with a mug of freshly brewed tea this October.

Meanwhile, if anybody has advice, comments, or mockery about my fantasy roster, feel free to submit your words of wisdom....

Enjoy your Holiday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home