Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The Ace!

The AP recap of last night's game, in which Brad Radke gave up 4 runs in the 1st inning, quotes the man:
"I know I'm going to give up some runs in the first inning. My job is to keep us in the game as much as I can."

Very inspiring, Bulldog.

Somehow, I had hoped that the Leader of the Rotation might aim a little higher than keeping us in the game as much as I can....

Such a shame that he didn't get any run support again, too, wasn't it?

The next time you get to feeling too sorry for Brad because of his run support, keep in mind that the Twins have scored 4.54 runs per game in his 13 starts this season, and 5.71 rpg in his last 7 starts, while the overall team average this season has been 4.68 rpg. He had some bad luck with run support last season, but it hasn't exactly become a standing rule when he starts.

2 Comments:

At 6/08/2005 10:27 PM, Blogger SBG said...

When I saw that quote I thought, with an attitude like that you are practically guaranteed to fail.

 
At 6/09/2005 3:16 AM, Blogger Jonzard said...

He is just saying what everyone else knows. Great quote

 

Post a Comment

<< Home